Water is the most important nutrient for LIVESTOCK , and is consumed in the largest quantity. Water may appear clear and pure, but it contains numerous dissolved minerals and substances.
Water quality is also a big factor that can limit PLANT health and aesthetics, affecting sales and impacting the pest and plant management programs. Growers should not make a decision on their fertilizer program until they know what is in their water.
BECAUSE OF THE EXTREME VARIABILITY OF WATER QUALITY, BOTH ANIMALS AND PLANTS CAN BE EFFECTED.
- Use a clean plastic bottle (about 16-20 oz.) with a screw cap.
- Locate a cold water faucet that is near the well, and before any treatment device.
- Open the faucet completely and allow it to run for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the flow of water and fill the plastic bottle to the top.
- Attach the cap tightly, and wrap some tape around the cap to prevent leakage.
- Label your bottle with a sample description.
- Complete the Sample Information Form. (See Fee Schedule for Available Tests)
- Return the water sample(s) along with the Sample Information Form, and payment to: Holmes Laboratory, Inc. * 3559 US RT. 62 * Millersburg, OH 44654We always welcome any questions, so for additional information, call (330) 893-2933 or (330) 893-1326