Water is the most important nutrient for HUMANS and ANIMALS , and is consumed in the largest quantity. Water may appear clear and pure, but it contains numerous dissolved minerals and substances. The body must be able to consume enough quality water daily to maintain all of it’s important physiological functions.
Water quality is also a big factor that can limit PLANT health and aesthetics, affecting sales and impacting the pest and plant management programs. Growers should not make a decision on their fertilizer program until they know what is in their water.
BECAUSE OF THE EXTREME VARIABILITY OF WATER QUALITY, BOTH HUMANS, ANIMALS AND PLANTS CAN BE EFFECTED.
- Use a clean plastic bottle (about 16-20 oz.) with a screw cap.
- Locate a cold water faucet that is near the well, and before any treatment device.
- Open the faucet completely and allow it to run for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the flow of water and fill the plastic bottle to the top.
- Attach the cap tightly, and wrap some tape around the cap to prevent leakage.
- Label your bottle with a sample description.
- Complete the Sample Information Form. (See Fee Schedule for Available Tests)
- Return the water sample(s) along with the Sample Information Form, and payment to: Holmes Laboratory, Inc. * 3559 US RT. 62 * Millersburg, OH 44654. We always welcome any questions, so for additional information, call (330) 893-2933 or (330) 893-1326